Friday, February 6, 2009

Bay 13

As I sat at the MCG with my Aussie flag in one hand, a coke in the other, I looked down and saw an old Australian tradition. Bay 13. For years that spot has been filled with young people having a good time at the cricket, but are they getting out of hand?

30 people were ejected from the MCG Friday night and what does that say to the tourists about our country? Do they think we are loud and arrogant or do they just think we love our cricket (even though at the MCG I am not quite sure the cricket is what everyone's watching)?.

Numerous attempts have been made by security and MCG management to stop these people that just cant seem to settle and just enjoy the cricket. Beer, fights, swearing, its just not worth the hassle.

Should this old tradition be stopped as soon as possible or is it just something that should last forever?

2 comments:

  1. Well it's ok if it dosn't hurt or bring discomfort to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does to me, I really think they are complete tools.

    ReplyDelete